Sunday, January 13, 2008

Pancake Review and Book Update

The IHOP pancakes are terribly yummy - so I went to the best place for those recipes. Top Secret Recipes. Tried the IHOP pancakes and they were good but very thin. The ones at IHOP are thick, probably twice as thick. So I haven't yet figured out why it is the best known copycat recipe on the net and the pancakes obviously don't look right.

Maddox can stack 6 blocks high!! Woo hoo!

Visited Let's Dish on Thursday. The food is good - the fish was fishy according to the hubby. A very neat concept, but also pretty expensive. At $20/dish that doesn't include sides I think it is too pricey. So I am going to make it my mission to view their ingredients, directions and explanation of the dish to work backwards an coming up with a recipe that is similar and to our liking. Hmmm... If I could just do that with my OWN recipes I could probably publish a book on it.

Books I am currently reading:
The Numbers behind Numb3rs - very interesting
Can't Wait to get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg - kinda similar to Fried Greet Tomatoes, but a fun and fast read
The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett - a very very lengthy book but very engaging

No comments: