Saturday, September 04, 2004

Families suck and "Grow Up"

Here's my beef with the following people:

Sister #5: Cries and convinces mom that I don't like her because she misinterprets one freakin' sentence. Despite driving over to spend the day with her, talking on MSN with her and other things, she is determined I guess to take everything out of context.

Mom: Calls me up last night knowing that the question will start a fight. "Wanna come to Cracker Barrel tomorrow with your aunts and twin sisters?" Oh ya, I love spending time with people that hate me and cuss out me and my husband. Mom KNOWS this and asks anyway. Then keeps the conversation going by asking questions and assailing me with comments like "you guys just need to grow up." So, after all that it is all MY fault that the conversation started. Then she comes up with, well, i'm just not going to talk to you anymore, just like the twins do. Well FINE. If you want to use childish tactics and tell ME to grow up then you have no friggin' clue. Then, she plays the "they buried my father today and you do this". What the hell did I do?? I didn't call you. I didn't say, hey you wanna go to Cracker Barrel to be with people you haven't seen in ten years, and oh by the way, the two people that hate you will be there too.

Spouse: Hangs up on my mother. The one voice of reason I though I might have had. No, he also resorts to childish tactics and hangs up on her. Great- make a bad situation worse.

Twins: they are full of hate and bitterness. Then, they hang around my family I haven't seen in ten years knowing I am not going to "play nice" and "act two-faced" like the rest of the crowd. Sorry.

"Best friend": Well, she called late at night on my birthday. I was really tired and didn't get the phone. I called her back like two days ago and never receive a response. Maybe I'll have to answer the phone on my next birthday....

I guess if you pretend to live in a fantasy world, that means you are all "grown up". If you resort to childish tactics, that means you're "grown up".
However, if you don't sweep everything under the rug, don't pretend everything is "alright" and act with some sense of what exactly is going on, they I guess you have the mentality of a two year old , like me. So screw it. There is a job opening in my old school district next year for librarian. I will do that and everyone else can go screw themselves.

1 comment:

Jason said...

intense!

love,
jason mulgrew
internet quasi-celebrity