Sunday, September 19, 2004

Working Late

I worked until 12:45am last night. Wow, am I tired. Despite the 8 hours, I got to sit and read a little bit. I have a new idea for a non-fiction book. I know that there are tons of cookbooks out. However, mine would be called something like: I happen to have... It would be categorized by the weird ingredients involved. Everyone has milk, butter, flour, etc. on hand who cooks. Well, say you had some zucchini that a friend gave you. Then I would list the recipes you could make with zuchinni. Breads, Fries, saute's, etc. Then, it would be all together rather than flipping constantly through chapter after chapter. Or maybe I'll make my own cookbook and give it out for Christmas presents :-)

Hey, if you put fresh lemon peel in the fridge, forget about it for a week or two, you will have nice potpourri.

I'm reading this book called "A Portrait of Jesus." It is written by a priest but he doesn't sound too Catholic. It's pretty cool. Even for it's historical value. It is interesting how if you read a book about Hitler or Stalin, that is deemed "cool". They were, after all, extremely influential in their century. They affected thousands of lives for a century. Jesus affected millions of lives for two thousand years, but it isn't "cool" to read about Him. Of course, social studies/ history has probably been the most heavily influenced by the politically correct era.

No comments: